These chimichangas have a sweet twist. Savory cheese is replaced with a semi-sweet cream cheese filling that pairs perfectly with fresh strawberries.
- 1 sheet Atoria’s Family Bakery Traditional Lavash
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Chop strawberries into bite-size pieces.
- Cut the lavash in half, lengthwise, with the long end facing you.
- In a small bowl, combine and whisk the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla.
- When combined and smooth, spread evenly on both pieces of lavash.
- Spoon half the chopped strawberries onto one Lavash half, the rest onto the other.
- Fold in the shorter ends of one Lavash half and then fold in the longer ends to create the “burrito.” Repeat.
- Heat butter in a skillet, add the “burritos” fold side down, flip when golden.
- Mix the cinnamon and sweetener on a plate, roll the chimichangas in the mixture to coat.