Skull Mushroom Pizzas
This spooky recipe is surprisingly simple! Here’s how to make it:
- 3 Traditional Mini Naan Flatbreads
- A bit of olive oil
- One package (8 oz. or larger) of whole white mushrooms
- 1 small jar of pesto (6.5 oz jar; we used approx. 3/4 of the jar)
- fresh greens as desired (we used some spinach, as well as chopped parsley and chives)
- mozzarella cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your 3 Traditional Mini Naan flatbreads on lined baking sheet. Brush them lightly with olive oil and set aside.
- Next, wash and dry mushrooms. Then cut each in half.
- Use a straw to make the eye holes, as shown. Then use a paring knife or toothpick to cut (or scrape out) a few small holes for the nose. Then, cut small slits on the stems as shown for teeth. Repeat until you have as many “skulls” as desired.
- Add pesto to the tops of each flatbread and spread out evenly.
- Next, add your greens, and arrange mushrooms as desired. Lightly brush your mushrooms with a bit more olive oil to help them brown up (optional).
- Finally, sprinkle each flatbread with a bit of cheese.
- Bake for 9- 13 min. until flatbreads are golden brown around the edges, mushrooms are browned and cheese is melted.
- Enjoy with your little ghosts and goblins!