Lentil Pitas with Carrot-Cranberry Salad
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
These spiced lentil pitas pair perfectly with a sweet cranberry-carrot topping. Enjoy this simple, healthy meal for dinner tonight!
- 2 pieces Atoria’s Family Bakery Whole Grain Pita
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. harissa powder
- 1 cup cooked black lentils
- 5 oz. shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 or 5 spring fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Warm one tablespoon olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in harissa and salt and pepper to taste. Add lentils and cook until warm. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together carrot, cranberries, and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix together yogurt, garlic, and tbsp. olive oil.
- Warm pitas. Top with lentil mixture, carrot-cranberry salad, yogurt sauce, and mint. Enjoy!
In this recipe:Pita