This bruschetta is flavorful and refreshing. Great as a snack or passed as an appetizer!
- 1 sheet Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 4 tbp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 tbsp. sweet basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Using a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, coarse sea salt and red chili flakes. Grind until it turns into a coarse paste.
- Line a baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place the pieces of Lavash bread. Brush with olive oil then top the garlic mixture.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the bread hardens.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, the remaining garlic mixture, black pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar.
- Mix well and adjust seasoning to taste. You could add a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes aren’t very flavorful.
- Let the bread cool and then cover each piece with the tomato mixture. Cover with freshly chopped basil and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 8