This apple turnover is lower carb with just as much flavor as the classic. Try using a zero calorie brown sugar sweetener for even lower carbs!
- 1 sheet Lavash with Whole Grain and Flax
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Egg whites
- Optional: walnuts
- Melt the butter in a pan and toss in the apple slices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the brown sugar and cinnamon until everything is melted and apples are soft.
- Lay the Lavash on a lined baking tray and spoon the apple mixture in the middle.
- Fold all 4 sides inward and seal the corners with egg whites.
- Bake at 400 F. for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are browned and crispy.