Tuna Melt Lavash Panini
These big tuna and provolone sandwiches are perfect for entertaining, or for a family lunch.
- 4 sheets Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 1 (5.6 oz.) tin white tuna, drained and separated*
- 1 (8.3 oz.) package grilled artichoke hearts (or marinated artichokes), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cured green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. coarse-grain mustard, optional
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 lemon, zested and freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. flat parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese, halved
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, red onions, olives, caper, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce (if using). Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and arugula. Toss well.
- Preheat your panini press.
- Spread mustard on one side of the inside of the Lavash sandwiches. Drizzle the outside of the Lavash sandwiches with olive oil.
- Place one piece of Lavash (the one without mustard), sesame side down onto the hot grill. Layer the sandwich with a thin slice of provolone cheese, spread the tuna mixture and finish with another thin slice of cheese. Close the sandwich with the second piece of Lavash (sesame side up).
- Close the panini press and cook until you get light grill marks (about 3-4 minutes).
- Let the panini cool a bit and cut the sandwiches into quarters (wedges). Serve warm or at room temperature with potato chips on the side.
- Serving Size: 8 sandwiches