Mulberry Lavash Dessert Cups
This elegant dessert combines our Traditional Lavash with berries, cream and fromage blanc.
- 1 sheet Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 3 oz. fresh mulberries
- 1 tbsp. fromage blanc (or cream cheese or mascarpone cheese)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar, to taste
- 3/8 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 tbsp. powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place each piece of Lavash in a ramekin (or muffin tin). Gently place a small cup or glass on top to mold the Lavash bread into the shape of the ramekin. Remove the glass.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray. Bake for about 8 minutes until the bread is golden and hard like a cracker. Remove from the oven and let cool until firm.
- Using a hand-held mixer, whip the fromage blanc to soften it. Sweeten with 2 tbsp. of sugar and beat until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the mulberries for garnish. Use the rest to strain the pulp through a large-mesh sieve over the fromage blanc, using a pestle or a silicone spatula to press through as much fruit purée as possible. Stir well until the deep pink color is even.
- Whip the heavy cream (at low speed) for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. Add the remaining sugar.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream in stages. Make sure the color is uniform.
- Place the mulberry mousse filling in a piping bag. Pipe or spoon into the edible dessert cups. Cover with whole mulberries.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and dust with powdered sugar using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Serving Size: 3 cups
In this recipe:Lavash Traditional »