Muffuletta Lavash Pizza
Give this classic New Orleans sandwich a try–in pizza form!
- 1 sheet Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 8 tsp. roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry then roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. capers, rinsed
- 1 tsp. olive oil, plus extra
- 2 tsp. walnuts, toasted
- 4 tsp. green olives
- 8 tsp. black olives
- 8 tsp. sweet cherry peppers, chopped
- 8 tsp. pickled vegetables, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 tsp. dried Italian herb blend
- 1 pinch tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 oz. sliced salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 oz. provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the food processor, finely chop the roasted red peppers, capers, olive oil, and walnuts. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Don’t worry about the food processor before the next step.
- In the food processor, roughly chop the green olives, black olives, cherry peppers, pickled vegetables, garlic, pepper, Italian herbs, and red pepper flakes. The pieces should be no bigger than 1/4 inch.
- Lightly brush each piece of Lavash with olive oil. Top each with alternating stripes of pesto and olive salad, then top with strips of salami and provolone.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the provolone has thoroughly melted.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza