Grilled Naan Marguerite Pizza
What could make pizza better? Try it on a piece of Naan!
- 1 piece Atoria’s Family Bakery Naan
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 6 2/3 oz. fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small sprig fresh lemon thyme, bruised and chopped
- 1 small sprig fresh oregano, bruised and chopped
- 1/6 tsp. salt
- 1/12 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 1/3 oz. fresh buffalo Mozzarella ball
- 1/12 cup fresh basil leaves
- After chopping the tomatoes, set aside 2/3 tbsp. for the pizza.
- In a pot, heat 2/3 tbsp. of olive oil, then add the garlic and fry until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the thyme and oregano to the oil and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over high heat for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a food mill or food processor, then pass the sauce through a coarse-mesh sieve and discard the tomato skin.
- Return the tomato sauce to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then immediately lower the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Cover and let it sit until ready to assemble.
- Heat the barbecue grill for high direct heat and brush the grill with vegetable oil.
- Pat the buffalo Mozzarella dry with a paper towel and cut into slices.
- Once the grill is hot, brush the Naan with a thin layer of olive oil and place on the grill. Warm the bread on both sides.
- Manually tear the basil leaves so they don’t bruise and set them aside.
- Spread the tomato sauce (not too much or the bread will turn soggy) onto the Naan and cover with the reserved tomatoes. Top with the Mozzarella slices and basil, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Carefully slide the Naan back onto the grill, close the lid, and cook for 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a cutting board. Let stand for a few minutes, then slice and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 2