Fig Lavash Dessert Cup
This dessert uses our Lavash as a cup for a non-traditional take on fruit and pudding.
- 6 sheets Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 12 fresh figs
- 1 tbsp. canola oil, as needed (or cooking spray)
- 12 fresh bay leaves (optional), slightly bruised
- 4 tsp. maple syrup, to taste
- 1/2 (3.4 oz.) package instant pistachio pudding, as needed
- 12 unsalted pistachio kernels, coarsely crushed
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place each piece of Lavash bread in an oven-proof tartlet tin (or a ramekin). Gently place a small cup on top to mold the Lavash bread into the shape of the tin. Remove the cup. Trim the edges using kitchen shears. Put the cup back into the mold to help keep the shape.
- Place the 12 tins on a baking tray. Bake for about 8 minutes until the bread is golden and hard like a cracker. Remove from the oven, remove the cups and let cool to room temperature until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash the figs and pat them dry. Make a cross incision starting from the stem of the figs, cutting three-quarters of the way to the root.
- Line each fig with a bay leaf (if desired). Place the figs onto a pan previously sprayed with oil. Spray a little oil onto each fig. Drizzle the figs with maple syrup. Bake them for about 8 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon the pistachio pudding filling into the edible dessert cups. Top with warm roasted figs. Drizzle with the fig jelly gathered in each bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with coarsely chopped pistachios for extra crunch.
- Dust with powdered sugar using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 12 cups
Find it online : https://www.atoriasfamilybakery.com/fig-pistachio-dessert-cup/