Black-Eyed Pea Pitas
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
This recipe brings together Mediterranean flavors in a healthy, protein-packed Pita. Enjoy black-eyed peas and tons of fresh veggies!
- 2 pieces Atoria’s Family Bakery Pita
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1/4 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 4 tbsp. baba ganoush
- In a bowl, toss together cabbage, kale, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Let sit.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tbsp. oil. Add the black-eyed peas and cook, stirring once or twice, until starting to crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread baba ganoush inside Pitas. Stuff with black-eyed peas and salad mixture. Enjoy!
In this recipe:Pita Traditional